At St. John Paul II School, community service is one aspect of maintaining a vibrant Catholic identity and culture.
Students are encouraged to use their interests and talents to provide help to those who are in need. Opportunities are provided throughout the year for students in all grades, and students are welcome to suggest new community service activities.
The school encourages all students to be kind and respectful to others and to look beyond themselves and recognize when people need their help.
Some of the community service projects include:
- Collecting food for Amazing Grace Food Pantry and parish shut-ins
- Projects for St. Vincent de Paul Soup Kitchen
- Christmas toy drive
- Go Pink for Breast Cancer/Middlesex Hospital
- Hat and Mitten Tree donations
- Letters to those serving in the military
- Visits to residents in area nursing homes