Lion's Pride 20-Hour Commitment
A faith-filled, involved community is a hallmark of a Catholic education. Parental involvement is an important aspect of a child’s education. Family participation in the events and activities of Saint John Paul II is truly good for our children and the school community. Parent involvement through volunteering and fundraising also helps us fill the gap between tuition and actual operating expense by funding program enhancements and resources for students.
Therefore, as part of the commitment to the school, each family is required to contribute a minimum of 20 volunteer hours to fundraising events and other school activities. Many families give countless more.
- All volunteer hours will be tracked by the Home & School Association so parents can check their balance throughout the year.
- Volunteers are responsible to record their hours on the sign-up sheets provided for each school function or to notify the school office or HSA volunteer coordinator.
- Families unable to commit to the volunteer hours may “buy out” the hours with a single activity fee of $300 per family.
- Time spent on an activity that directly supports Saint John Paul II School or raises money to support the school is counted toward the 20 hour requirement. This includes baking/supplying food or other supplies for events. (Please contact the school office or an HSA officer if you are unsure.)
- Unserved hours are assessed a fee of $15 per hour and billed by the school at the end of May and payable by the end of school.
A list of service opportunities along with descriptions and estimated hours will be published by HSA to help you see what is needed.